The research work of the department is carried out on the education of the younger generation in the spirit of independence, the formation of the legal culture of youth, the philosophical problems of modern medical science, various aspects of the history of the statehood of Uzbekistan. All employees are actively involved in the research work of the department and the institute. The responsible assistant for research work at the department is Rustamova Sh.A.
Scientific directions of the department:
- Optimization of the diagnosis of infectious diseases accompanied by high fever.
- Optimization of the diagnosis of infectious diseases accompanied by diarrhea.
- Ways to optimize the early diagnosis of HIV infection.
- Features of the course of brucellosis in women of childbearing age.
- Clinical - laboratory diagnosis of enterovirus infection.
Currently, 6 employees of the department are independent researchers, and one is a basic doctoral student. They conduct research in the following areas:
1. Rabbimova Nodira Tashtemirovna "Clinical and epidemiological features of pneumococcal infection in adults". Infectious diseases - 14.00.10; Epidemiology-14.00.30
2. Tirkashev Otabek Saidovich "Immunoprophylaxis of measles and its impact on the epidemiological characteristics of the disease" Infectious diseases - 14.00.10
3. Dzhumaeva Nasiba Sobirovna “Peculiarities of the course of COVID-19 in HIV-infected patients in the Samarkand region”. Infectious diseases - 14.00.10.
4. Bakhrieva Zebo Jaloliddinovna “Rational use of antimicrobial drugs depending on the type of Salmonella and forms of clinical manifestations” Infectious diseases - 14.00.10.
5. Juraeva Kamola Stanislavovna “Some clinical and immunological aspects of the course of brucellosis in women of childbearing age” Infectious diseases - 14.00.10.
6. Uzakova Gavkhar Zakirovna “Features and methods of treatment of skin lesions in children with COVID-19 disease” Infectious diseases - 14.00.10
7. Achilova Matlyuba Mirkhamzaevna "Clinical and laboratory characteristics of HIV infection in giardiasis and blastocystosis" Infectious diseases - 14.00.10
In recent years, the staff of the department has published 160 articles in the country, more than 10 articles abroad and more than 20 articles in journals included in the Scopus and Web of Science lists. There are over 200 printed tutorials. Also, over the past 5 years, the staff of the department published 9 textbooks, 2 monographs, 13 electronic computing programs.
List of textbooks published by the staff of the department
Orzikulov Azam Orzikulovich, Bakhrieva Zebo Jaloliddinovna, Zhuraev Shavkat Abdulvahidovich, Sharipova Fotima
Infectious diseases in dentistry (in Uzbek, Latin)Recommended for students of medical college.
Yarmukhammedova Nargiza Anvarovna, Rustamova Shahlo Abdukhakimovna, Kakhramonova Aziza Karimovna
Nursing care for infectious diseases (in Uzbek, Latin) Recommended for students of medical college.
Yarmukhamedova Maya Kudratovna, Achilova Matluba Mirkhamzaevna, Anvarov Zhakhongir Abralovich, Zebo Erkinovna Karamatullaeva
Parasitic diseases (in Uzbek, Latin).Recommended for internship students in the field of infectious disease prevention at Samarkand State Medical University
Tashpulatov Shavkat Abdulvakhidovich Chodieva Dilafruz Abdujalolovna, Karabaeva Dilbar Negmatovna
Infectious diseases in pharmacy (in Uzbek, Latin)Recommended for students of medical college.
Yarmukhammedova Nargiza Anvarovna, Dzhumaeva Nasiba Sobirovna,
Infectious diseases and infection control.Recommended for students of medical college.
Yarmukhammedova Nargiza Anvarovna, Mustaeva Guliston Buribaevna, Matyakubova Feruza Egamovna, Rabbimova Nodira Tashtemirovna
Recommended for students of medical college.
Yarmukhammedova Nargiza Anvarovna, Matlubov Mansur Murodovich,
Ergasheva Munisa Yakubovna,
Rabbimova Nodira Tashtemirovna, Matyakubova Feruza Egamovna
Emergency conditions in infectious diseases. Recommended for students of Samarkand State Medical University.
Orzikulov Azam Orzikulovich,
Rustamova Shahlo Abdukhakimovna, Chodieva Dilafruz Abdujalolovna,
Voseeva Dilafruz Khusinovna
Methods of clinical and laboratory diagnostics and examination of infectious diseases.Recommended for students of Samarkand State Medical University.
Ergasheva Munisa Yakubovna,
Rabbimova Nodira Tashtemirovna, Mustaeva Guliston Buribaevna, Matyakubova Feruza Egamovna
Neuroinfections. Recommended for students of Samarkand State Medical University .
Assistants of the Department of Infectious Diseases took part in the following scientific and practical conferences:
- New horizons from East to West in hepatology. Turkey, Istanbul 2020;
- Using evidence-based recommendations as a tool to improve public health. Tashkent 2019;
- Completed the EASL endorsed conference White Night of Hepatology "Hepatitis C update 2017: optimizing treatment for evry patient". Saint Petersburg 2017;
- “Actual infections of Central Asia: International scientific and practical conference: Kazakhstan, Astana 2017, etc.
The number of conferences, master classes and seminars held by the staff of the department for practice is more than 100.
From 2012 to 2016, the staff of the department actively participated in projects, in collaboration with the European Office of the World Health Organization WHO (European Regional Office of the World Health Organization) "Improvement of methods for diagnosing infections such as Haemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pneumoniae and Neisseria meningitidis", "Clinico - epidemiological aspects of natural focal infections”. Based on these projects, methods for diagnosing infections such as Haemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pneumoniae and Neisseria meningitidis have been improved. Modern equipment and laboratory equipment, reagents allocated for these projects are provided by the WHO European Office.
As a result, research work was carried out on the topic “Improving the surveillance of bacterial meningitis” and “Modern diagnostic methods for infectious diseases with diarrheal syndrome in Uzbekistan”.In addition, in cooperation with the Research Institute of Virology and Immunology in the direction of "Improving the diagnosis of intestinal infections", for the first time in the region, the diagnosis of rotavirus, norovirus, astrovirus, adenovirus infection was achieved.
The staff of the department organized three international scientific and practical conferences (in 2014, 2018 and 2021) together with the Research Institute of Medical Parasitology named after L.M.Isaev.
In 2014 - "Modern issues of medical parasitology and infectious diseases".
In 2018 - "Parasitic and infectious diseases in the Central Asian region".
In 2021 "Infectious Diseases - Innovative Trends in Healthcare, Modern Problems and Achievements".