Kim Antonina Amurova
Head of the Department of Scientific Research, Innovation and Training of Scientific and Pedagogical Personnel, PhD, Associate Professor
|Reception hours:||Monday-Saturday: 14:00 – 16:00|
|Tel:||(66) 233 30 34|
|Факс:||(0366) 233 30 34|
|Address:||Samarkand, st. Amira Temura, 18|
The Department of Scientific Research, Innovations, and the Preparation of Scientific and Pedagogical Staff is one of the main structural units of the university. It operates in accordance with the Charter and organizes its activities based on orders and directives of the Rector, as well as the University's Academic Council. The department's work is aimed at fulfilling the tasks set forth in the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. 60 dated January 28, 2022 and named "On the Development Strategy of the New Uzbekistan for 2022-2026," the Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated May 6, 2019, No. 4310 named "On Measures for the Further Development of the System of Medical and Pharmaceutical Education and Science," and other relevant legal documents.
Recently, the preparation of scientific and pedagogical personnel, as the highest level of the education system, has acquired significantly different caliber and objectives. Today, specialists with the highest scientific qualifications are needed not only by scientific and educational institutions but also by the service sector and knowledge-intensive industries that determine the success of the development of an innovative economy. In the Republic of Uzbekistan, the preparation of scientific and pedagogical personnel - Doctors of Philosophy (PhD) and Doctors of Science (DSc) in medical sciences - is carried out through doctoral studies by basic doctoral students and independent researchers.
As of today, there are 307 Doctors of Philosophy (PhD) and 79 Doctors of Sciences (DSc) at the university. Over the period from 2020 to 2022, the proportion of academic staff with advanced degrees has tripled, leading to a positive trend in dissertation defenses: there were 22 defenses in 2020, 46 in 2021, 77 in 2022, and there have been 80 defenses in 2023. During this period, 198 research staff members were awarded the PhD degree, and 27 received the DSc degree.
Scientific councils for the awarding of academic degrees are an important part of the system for accrediting scientific and pedagogical personnel of the highest qualification. Based on the decision of the Higher Attestation Commission under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan, at SamSMU, three Specialized Scientific Councils have been established for conducting accreditation procedures provided for applicants for the academic degrees of PhD and DSc. These councils operate with Scientific Seminars and qualification examination commissions in accordance with the 9 following directions.
The Scientific Councils at SamSMU provide the most favorable conditions for dissertation defenses and offer qualified assistance to applicants regarding the preparation and support of their materials.
At SamSMU, all conditions are created to promote science. This is supported by the following facts:
- In the basic doctoral program at SamSMU, students from South Korea, namely Muzaffar Giyosovich Annaev, and from France, Hasan Ismoilovich Ibragimov, are enrolled in the first and second years of the program.
- The admission to the doctoral and basic doctoral programs for the years 2023 and 2024 distinguished itself from previous years by the requirement of having a foreign language proficiency certificate. Furthermore, a transparent entrance exam process for applicants allowed the selection of the best candidates from various regions of Uzbekistan. SamSMU was allocated additional non-budgetary places due to the demand for highly qualified specialists. These indicators are significantly different, being three times higher than in previous years. Consequently, not only the number of places but also the total number of specialties increased from 12 to 17. In the doctoral and basic doctoral programs, 91 individuals are receiving education, with 82 in the basic program and 9 in the regular program. For the year 2024, 25 students were admitted to the basic doctoral program. Additionally, there are more than 374 young researchers (353 with PhD and 21 with DSc) who pursue their studies without interrupting their work in the field.
Over the past two years, there have been 9 successful early dissertation defenses among doctoral students, and rewards were allocated to them. SamSMU has all the necessary regulatory documents for the education of dissertators, including Presidential Decrees of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. 4958 dated February 16, 2017; No. 5847 October 8, 2019; Presidential Resolutions of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. 5117 dated May 19, 2021 and No.307 dated July 6, 2022; Resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. 304 dated May 22, 2017; orders from the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, and Innovation, No. 01-10/6655 dated November 22, 2022, No. 87-03-105 dated February 15, 2023, and No. 01-03/1134 dated May 2, 2023.
The university actively participates in national and international exhibitions and fairs, conferences, congresses, and all other scientific events. Resonant international scientific-practical conferences, seminars, round tables dedicated to current healthcare issues are regularly held at the university.
SamSMU's commitment to research and academic excellence is evident through its active involvement in various scientific activities and its adherence to relevant regulatory documents.
Currently, SamSMU operates a school for dissertators based on an interdisciplinary approach to scientific work, helping to nurture the potential of future researchers. Its main goals include medical statistics, statistical data analysis, research methodology, foreign language proficiency, familiarization with the latest developments in various medical specialties, and the exchange of ideas with highly qualified specialists. The school collaborates with research institutes and clinical medical institutions in 110 countries worldwide.
To elevate the level of foreign language proficiency to a qualitatively new level, free English language courses have been organized for all dissertators (regardless of their postgraduate education format), which may ultimately enhance their language skills
Meetings are organized with step-by-step guidance on working with databases such as Web of Science and Scopus, their resources, and their significance in completing dissertation work. Leading experts are invited to share their experience and knowledge in the fields of science and innovation
SamSMU's commitment to providing a comprehensive research and educational environment is evident through these initiatives and collaborations.
Certainly, with the favorable conditions provided by SamSMU and ongoing reforms in Republic of Uzbekistan, the dissertators have demonstrated remarkable achievements (Figures 12, 13, 14, 15):
- Quarterly monitoring of the results of scientific activities by dissertators has revealed their participation in over 200 scientific-practical conferences with international participation annually. They have published over 1200 materials in high-impact journals, and more than 50 publications in Web of Science and Scopus databases.
- Notable is the participation of dissertators in international projects, such as H. Ibragimov's involvement in the project "Molecular Diagnosis and Treatment of Mutations in Polydactyly" between Uzbekistan and China in 2022.
- The Agency for Innovation Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan organized a competition among young researchers for scientific internships at leading foreign research organizations. The winner was U. Payzullaeva, an independent applicant from the Department of Pharmaceutical and Toxicological Chemistry at SamSMU. She was sent to the Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, funded by the Science and Innovation Support Fund of Uzbekistan.
- Scholarship programs from the "El-yurt umidi" Foundation enabled young scientists to successfully complete internships, including U. Ochilov, R. Gaffarov, and M. Yusupov.
- The winner of the "Ziyolilar-yosh tadqiqotchilar Almanaxi" project, aimed at supporting young researchers in reaching new heights, is Antonina Amurovna Kim.
- Winners of the "Ixtirochi ayol -2022" and "Ixtirochi ayol -2023" competitions were R. Abdumuminova and Y. Iskhakova respectively.
Headed the department of scientific research, innovation and training of scientific and pedagogical personnel: 2019–2022 - M. T. Nasretdinova Since July 2022, Kim Antonina Amurovna has been appointed head of the department of scientific research, innovation and training of scientific and pedagogical personnel.
The goals and tasks of the department are as follows:
- Organize the process of awarding degrees of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Doctor of Science (DSc) based on the Presidential Decree of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On Further Improvement of the Postgraduate Education System" No. 4958 dated February 16, 2017, and the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On Measures for Further Improvement of the Postgraduate Education System" No. 304 dated May 22, 2017, in order to fulfill the objectives outlined in these documents.
- Efficiently utilize the scientific potential of the university's scholars to address existing scientific, theoretical, and clinical issues within the field of medicine.
- Promote the development of specialists trained at the university by actively involving them in scientific research.
- Facilitate the implementation of scientific developments created by university scholars into the educational process, practice, and production.
- Ensure the execution of scientific research based on external grants and economic contracts.
Amirov Marufjon Kodirjon O'g'li - is a specialist of the first category.