SAMARKAND STATE MEDICAL INSTITUTE
This Regulation is based on the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On Education" (Bulletin of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan, 1997, No. 9, Art. 225) and "On the National Training Program" (Bulletin of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan). Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan, 11-12, 1997). In accordance with the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On Higher Education", the Model Regulations of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On the Academic Council of Higher Educational Institutions" and the order of the rector of SamMI dated December 31, 2013 No. 816, the procedure for organizing activities is determined.
1. General rules
This Charter is one of the main normative documents of the Academic Council of SamMI.
1. The Scientific Council of the Institute (hereinafter - the Scientific Council) is created under the chairmanship of the rector to consider key issues related to the activities of SamMI.
2. The Academic Council consists of the rector, vice-rectors, deans of faculties, directors of independent organizations and branches of the institute, heads of specialized departments, as well as heads of public organizations. The rest of the members of the Academic Council are elected by secret ballot at the general meeting of the faculty. The quantitative composition of the Academic Council of the faculty is determined by the order of the rector. The Scientific Council may also include leading scientists and specialists of the institute working on specific issues. The term of office is 5 years.
3. The composition of the Academic Council is approved by the order of the rector of the higher educational institution. At the beginning of each academic year, new members are elected or included in the charter to replace those who left the Academic Council for various reasons.
2. Goals and objectives of the Academic Council.
1. The purpose of the Academic Council is to ensure the efforts, intellectual potential and all other capabilities of the Institute's employees to fulfill the tasks set by the laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On Education" and "On the National Training Program". training of professionals with skills.
Scientific Council of the Samarkand State Medical Institute:
• Checks the strict implementation of state educational standards, curricula and programs in accordance with the national curriculum and sets recommendations and tasks on priority issues;
• hears reports of faculties on educational, research and spiritual and educational work, the activities of academic lyceums, scientific societies at higher educational institutions, the results of the admission committee, as well as the needs of the marketing service in graduates of the national economy, cooperation with customer organizations. makes appropriate decisions;
• discusses the implementation of plans for research, spiritual and educational work, training and retraining of the teaching staff and makes appropriate decisions;
• Approves annual and long-term plans for the development of the Samarkand State Medical Institute, discusses the results of logistics, financial and economic activities and makes appropriate decisions; ...
• resolves issues related to the opening, termination, change of faculties and departments, as well as with the establishment or termination of training in new specialties of bachelor's and master's degrees, taking into account the proposals of marketing services;
• The Institute holds competitions for the positions of professors and teachers in accordance with the Regulations on the procedure for recruiting teachers on a competitive basis;
• considers the documents of applicants for the academic title of professor, associate professor and in the prescribed manner submits them for approval for the conferment of an academic title;
• Discusses and defines measures to ensure the knowledge of the English language by graduates and professors of the Samarkand State Medical Institute and the formation of basic skills in working with a computer, Internet access;
• discusses the provision of the educational process with textbooks, the preparation and publication of new generation textbooks and teaching aids, as well as educational materials based on the use of innovative educational technologies;
• recommends candidates for senior research institutes and independent researchers, approves the topics of their individual plans and dissertations;
• recommends candidates from among talented students and teachers for internships in foreign universities through the Talent Foundation;
• recommends candidates from among talented students and senior researchers of the institute to participate in the competition for the State scholarship of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the named state scholarships;
• Develops measures for physical education of students and further strengthening of their health in cooperation with the Healthy Generation Foundation;
• discusses the development of corporate cooperation with major customer organizations, enterprises and institutions, strengthening the material and technical base and increasing the effectiveness of student internships and makes recommendations for their improvement;
• makes decisions on establishing cooperation with higher educational institutions of foreign countries;
• hears reports from managers on the activities of small businesses, firms and courses engaged in educational services, and makes appropriate decisions;
• measures were identified to improve the technical safety and labor protection of students and employees of higher educational institutions.
3. Organization of the Academic Council
1. The Academic Council carries out its activities in accordance with the plan developed for each academic year. The plan of the Academic Council is approved by the rector of the institute after consideration by the Academic Council.
2. Decisions of the Academic Council on all issues of educational, scientific-methodical, scientific-research, spiritual-educational and organizational work of the institute are taken by an open vote by a majority of votes. A meeting of the Academic Council is competent only if 2/3 of its members are present.
3. Decisions on competitions and the nomination of candidates for the positions of the teaching staff, as well as on the awarding of the academic titles of professor or associate professor are made in the prescribed manner by secret ballot.
4. The decisions of the Academic Council come into force after approval by the rector of the institute.
5. The meeting of the Academic Council is recorded in the minutes. The protocols are signed by the chairman and the scientific secretary of the Scientific Council.
6. The Chairman of the Academic Council regularly organizes checks on the implementation of the decisions of the Academic Council and informs the members of the Academic Council about their results.