2-CLINIC (PEDIATRIC SURGERY CENTER) INFORMATION
ABOUT 2-CLINIC OF SAMARKAND STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY OF THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH OF THE REPUBLIC OF UZBEKISTAN
2-Clinic was organized in 1990 on the initiative and under the direct supervision of Professor SamSMU A. Shamsiev. Since 2013, the head physician of the clinic is Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Shamsiev Jamshid Azamatovich.
Currently, the 2-clinic SamMI is a specialized multidisciplinary, research clinical institution that provides highly qualified round-the-clock assistance to children in Samarkand, Jizzakh, Navoi, Bukhara, Kashkadarya and Surkhandarya, Khorezm regions. At the same time, this institution is a leading methodological center for a number of the most important areas of pediatric surgery. Annually, about 21,000 patients visit the clinic, of which over 10,000 are hospitalized, more than 8,000 complex plastic and reconstructive surgeries on the heart, lungs, liver, intestines, organs of the genitourinary system and the musculoskeletal system are performed. For the first time in the practice of pediatric surgery in the Samarkand region, operations for congenital heart defects, bronchiectasis, pectus excavatum, cirrhosis of the liver, congenital malformations of the genitourinary system, malformations of the large intestine, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, laparoscopic and thoracoscopic operations transurethral cystoscopic stenting of the ureter and renal pelvis, endocollagenoplasty for vesicoureteral reflux, sclerotherapy for varicocele in children, as well as bronchoscopy, bronchography, plasmapheresis, splenosorption, ozone therapy, etc.
Every year in the districts of the Samarkand region, as well as in the regions of the southwestern region of Uzbekistan, field seminars and scientific and practical conferences on topical problems of pediatric surgery are organized. In addition, in order to provide methodological assistance to pediatric surgeons, all districts of the Samarkand region are assigned to the experienced staff of the clinic. According to the approved schedule, the employees of the center supervise children's polyclinics of the city, orphanages, boarding schools, preschool institutions, schools, where they conduct monthly consultative and medical examinations in order to identify and treat surgical pathology.
The clinic has close scientific ties with reputable foreign medical centers. The clinic's specialists actively participate in foreign scientific symposia and improve their qualifications. For the first time in Central Asia, the staff of the clinic became members of the Association of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia (ELSA) in 2016. In particular, in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. the specialists of the clinic underwent training at the center of neonatal surgery in Astana (Kazakhstan), at the pediatric surgical center of the Stavropol Medical University (Russia), at the Severans clinics of the Yonsei University and the Samsung clinic (South Korea) and the National University Hospital (Singapore), in turn, specialists from Russia, Kazakhstan and South Korea visited our clinic and conducted “Master classes” on performing endosurgical operations. Memorandums of cooperation were signed with Samsung hospitals and National University Hospital (Singapore) with 2-clinic SamSMI. Professor J.A. Shamsiev was appointed the central council of ELSA, the representative of the organization in the countries of Central Asia. Therefore, on the occasion of 2018 and 2019 in Samarkand, there were trainings for trained specialists of the 2-clinic SamSMI and other medical institutions: "Update on Laparoscopic Surgery", with the participation of specialists from the countries of the Asian region (Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, Pakistan and Japan).
2-clinic SamMU includes departments of various surgical profiles for 200 beds:
- department of Thoracic Surgery;
- department of Urology;
- department of neonatal surgery;
- department of General Surgery No. 1; (including purulent surgery) with emergency post
- department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery;
- department of General Surgery No. 2; (elective surgery)
- department of Cardiac Surgery;
- department of Anesthesiology, Reanimatology and Intensive Care (including for newborns);
- surgical hospital for one day.
There is a pediatric consultative and diagnostic department, which includes:
- department of functional diagnostics;
- medical rehabilitation department
- department of ultrasound diagnostics;
- X-ray department;
- endoscopy department;
- clinical immunology;
- biochemical laboratory;
- bacteriological laboratory;
- pathological laboratory.
On the basis of the 2-clinic SamMU, there are 4 departments of the Samarkand State Medical Institute:
- Department of Pediatric Surgery No. 1, where students of pediatric, medical faculties and the Faculty of Medical Pedagogy of the Medical Institute study,
- Department of Pediatric Surgery, Anesthesiology and Reanimatology of the Faculty of Postgraduate Education, where clinical residents and magistracy residents are trained, pediatric surgeons and anesthesiologists-resuscitators from Samarkand, Surkhandarya, Jizzakh, Kashkadarya and Kashkadarya regions are trained and improve their qualifications;
- Department of Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics with the course of clinical laboratory diagnostics faculty of postgraduate education, where students of a medical institute study, undergo specialization and improve their qualifications laboratory doctors
- Department of Maxillofacial Surgery with the course of pediatric maxillary surgery.
In the 2nd clinic of SamMU, diagnostics and treatment of various surgical diseases and malformations of children from the neonatal period to 18 years of age, as well as the adult population are carried out, complex plastic and reconstructive operations are performed on the lungs, heart, liver, organs of the genitourinary system, digestive tract, locomotor system and other organs, including the use of endosurgical methods.