ODILBEK BAKHADYROVICH AKHMEDOV
Head of University Press
Tuesday 8:30-15:30 Friday 8:30-15:00
18 Amir Temur Street, Samarkand
TULKIN TOLMASOVICH ATOEV
University Press Officer, Interpreter
18 Amir Temur Street, Samarkand
On the press service of Samarkand State Medical University
Chapter 1: Basic rules.
Press Service is an independent structural unit of Samarkand State Medical University and reports directly to the Rector of the University.
The press service carries out its activities in accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On transparency of public authorities" and other laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan, decrees, resolutions and orders of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan. The press service operates in accordance with the decisions and orders of the Cabinet of Ministers and these regulations.
The press service carries out its activities in close cooperation with the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialised Education, the structural units of the university and the relevant services of other public authorities and administration.
Chapter 2: Main tasks and functions of the press service
The main duties of a press secretary include:
- Participation in the formation and implementation of information policy determined by the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialised Education and the university management in accordance with modern requirements;
- Ensuring effective and practical interaction with the information services of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialised Education, other state and economic management bodies on the implementation of a unified state policy in the field of information;
- Objective, qualitative and operative informing of the wide public about the university activities and the adoption of the corresponding normative-legal documents in the field;
- Mutual cooperation with the mass media (hereinafter referred to as mass media), establishment of the circle of journalists working in the constant cooperation with the University, distribution of information messages (press-releases, bulletins etc.), organization of mass events
- Prompt placement and timely updating of information on the University's official website, development of web-resources on the Internet, including social and mobile networks;
- Monitoring and analysis of the information space, preparation of proposals in cooperation with experts on the types, methods and extent of news coverage, organisation of comprehensive work on the distribution of materials in the media, including the Internet;
- Preparation of news, information materials, commentaries and information-analytical materials in cooperation with other university departments for distribution in domestic and foreign media;
- Analysis of the state of public opinion and the position of the domestic and foreign media in relation to the activities of the University and providing relevant information to the Rector of the University;
- Forming and maintaining a data bank of text, photo, audio and video materials related to the university activities.
The press secretary shall perform the following functions in order to fulfil his/her tasks:
- publishes (prints) information in the media, including on the internet, and ensures that it is posted and updated on official websites, premises and places accessible to all;
- organises and holds public events, including events with the participation of university leaders (meetings, meetings, press conferences, briefings, seminars, round tables, etc.)
- provides them with information verbally and in writing (including in the form of an electronic document) based on requests from the media and journalists
- collects the information necessary for the effective solution of the tasks facing it, in cooperation with other units of the University and carefully processes them;
- ensures the organisation of the University website and keeps it up-to-date;
- participates in the preparation and editing of TV programmes, clips and films, ensures their archiving for their proper preservation;
- prepares photo, audio and video materials about the activity of university and collaborates with state and non-state mass media in the process of their preparation;
- provides forming and maintenance of the data bank of photo, audio and video materials related to the university activities;
- considers instructions and requests of the republican information agencies and mass media on assistance in preparation of materials on university activity within the limits of the powers.
Chapter 3: Rights and duties of the press secretary
The spokesperson shall have the following rights to perform the duties and functions assigned to him/her:
- request information necessary to perform the tasks and functions of the spokesperson from other units of the university, departmental organisations in the prescribed manner;
- participation in meetings, conferences and other events of the University;
- involvement of the staff of other University departments, as well as qualified specialists of other organizations, including on the contractual basis by agreement with the head of the University;
- cooperation with information services of other universities in accordance with the established procedure;
- representing the institution on behalf of the press-secretary at the events of national importance on the instructions of the management
- publishing of printed publications within the limits of its authority;
- making suggestions on improving the university's information policy, submitting drafts of normative documents on the issues of activity for the consideration of the management.
The press secretary is responsible for for:
- - Qualitative and timely fulfilment of assigned tasks;
- - Objective, high-quality and timely coverage of the university's activities in the national media.
Chapter 4: Organising the activities of a press secretary
- - The Press Secretary is appointed and dismissed by the Rector of Samarkand State Medical University;
- - The activities of the Press Secretary are organised on the basis of a work plan approved by the Rector of the University;
- - The Press Secretary reports directly to the Rector of the University.