Based on the scientific programme of the subject clinical laboratory diagnostics are taught to 3rd year students of the Faculty of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Medical and Pedagogical Medicine, Faculty of Traditional Medicine, 4th year students of the Faculty of Medical and Biological Sciences.
The department has started to train highly qualified specialists for clinical residency.
Training for each course and department is based on the following approved documents:
- qualification profile;
- State standard;
- The curriculum;
Educational technologies include:
- Amendments based on Order No. 80 of the CER of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Approved diagnostic standards;
- international recommendations;
- Modern educational technologies (graphic organizers, case technology and project method).
The following technical facilities are available for training: due to the establishment of a telecommunication system, videos, presentations, multimedia programmes, lectures and practical exercises are shown using TV sets connected to a central computer. There is a single bank of scanned images available for unified curriculum-based learning that corresponds to all sections of the curriculum.
Library of the department:
- The library has more than 60 educational literature in English, Uzbek and Russian languages.
- Electronic library includes textbooks, atlases, teaching aids, study guides, etc.
For the students the execution of subject analyses is organised in the rooms of the Laboratory Department of the 2nd Clinic of SamMU.