Today, a training-seminar on “Digitalization of Higher Education” with participation of heads of centres of digital educational technologies of all higher educational institutions of our republic was organized at International University of Tourism and Cultural Heritage “Silk Road”. The training seminar was chaired by Mr. Alisher Abdullaev, Director of the Centre for Development of Digital Educational Technologies of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education.
During the training seminar, heads of the Centre for Digital Educational Technologies discussed a number of proposals for the digitalization of education. The work carried out by the Centre for Digital Educational Technologies at Samarkand State Medical University on this issue was reviewed as a exemplary one. In particular, the following works on digitalization of the university were demonstrated to the participants:
- the official website of a modern university;
- Moodle electronic platform integrated with HEMIS system;
- university journals website;
- a unified digital library site;
- website of interactive services integrated with OneID;
- university electronic document management system (Edoc);
- official mobile application (Android, iOS) integrated with the University website;
- SamSMU Books mobile application integrated with the digital library website (Android, iOS);
- SMS service sammu.uz;
- @sammi_education_bot service integrated with the university's official website and electronic document management system;
The university's technical facilities and Internet services were recognised as exemplary.
At this meeting, Alisher Abdullaev, Director of the Centre for Development of Digital Educational Technologies, instructed other higher education institutions to use SamSMU's experience in “Digitalization of Education” and implement integration work with OneID to create wider opportunities.