At the department, students of 4 courses of pediatrics, 5 courses of the medical and pedagogical faculty, general medicine, 4 courses of the dental faculty, 4 courses of the faculty of medical prevention and 3 courses of the second specialty and MBBS faculty students study under the program "Ophthalmology".
The department trains highly qualified specialists in the areas of magistracy and clinical residency.
Training is carried out according to the following approved documents for each course and faculty:
- Qualification characteristics;
- State standard;
- Curriculum work program; The technology includes:
- changes in accordance with the order of the RNC of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. 80;
- approved diagnostic standards;
- international recommendations;
- modern educational technologies (graphic organizers, case technology and projection method).
The following technical means are provided for in the learning process:
A telecommunication system is organized, with the help of TVs connected to a central computer, thematic videos, presentations, multimedia programs, lectures and practical classes are shown. There is a single bank of scanned images designed for unified learning, structured according to the curriculum, and corresponding to all sections of the curriculum.
Library of the department:
• There are more than 70 textbooks in English, Uzbek and Russian.
• The electronic library contains textbooks, atlases, teaching aids and much more.
Visits to thematic patients are organized for students in modern ophthalmic diagnostic rooms