The simulation room on the subject of otorhinolaryngology is a modern technology for practical training of a student and assessment of his knowledge, including the development of practical skills, the development of automatically repeated actions, the adoption of adequate decisions, based on the simulation of clinical and other situations close to real conditions.
The goals of the simulation center:
Formation and improvement of practical skills necessary in the activities of a general practitioner and an otorhinolaryngologist, in accordance with qualified requirements.
Tasks of the simulation room:
- Formation of skills in otoscopy, rhinoscopy, pharyngoscopy and laryngoscopy, based on simulation technologies;
- Development of a sustainable stereotype of actions necessary for the successful implementation of measures to provide first aid to otorhinolaryngology;
- Manipulation training: ear lavage, palatine tonsil lacunae lavage, pharyngeal swab, nasal lavage using the Proets method, administration of drugs into the laryngeal cavity, conicotomy;
- Teaching the following skills: spraying drugs into the nasal cavity and pharynx, cleaning the external auditory canal with a cotton pad, applying a warming compress, lymphotropic administration of drugs, removing foreign bodies from the nasal cavity and external auditory canal, performing anterior and posterior nasal tamponade;
- Multifunctional ENT COMBINE for all methods of examination of ENT organs;
- Endoscopic ENT-rack for surgical operations;
- Models-simulators of diseases of the middle ear
- Mannequins for practicing the skills of removing a foreign body from the ear and nose;
The results of work in the simulation room of pediatrics will allow:
- consolidate the acquired theoretical knowledge;
- reduce the level of psychological stress during the first manipulations;
- develop the skills of ENT examination of patients;
- develop skills in providing emergency and emergency care (removal of a foreign body from the pharynx, larynx, the initial section of the esophagus and ear, stopping nosebleeds);
- analyze and correct the mistakes made;
- will provide an opportunity for an objective assessment of the degree of formation of the necessary skills of a general practitioner and an otorhinolaryngologist.
Thus, the methods and simulation training in otorhinolaryngology even at the stages of the educational process allow students to get the opportunity to work out practical skills to automatism even before the start of the doctor's practice.
1. ear washing
2. removal of a foreign body from the ear
3. endoscopic rhinoscopy
4. taking a throat swab
5. nasal tamponade for nosebleeds
7. procedure for instilling drugs into the ear