Simulation center for the subject of neurosurgery - this is a new model of education that implements innovative forms of education in medical education, and is a target marker designed to develop practical skills and abilities through IV generation virtual reality glasses, a microscope, autopsy materials, trepanation dummies, and other practices.
The goals of the simulation center:
Realization of professional skills of students in the subject of neurosurgery
The tasks of the simulation center:
- Formation of professional skills and improvement of psychological readiness of students to work with patients who applied to neurosurgery;
- Evaluation of the ratio of theoretical and practical knowledge of students in the subject of neurosurgery;
- Evaluation of the tactics used by the student in unforeseen situations in neurosurgical complications;
- Formation of skills to work in a team of neurosurgeons.
- Oculus Quest 2 Virtual Reality Glasses 128GB VR Headset.
- Training apparatusny fskull fixator for neurosurgery.
- Educational microscope Tomlov 7 LSD.
- Samples of tumor tissue for autopsy.
- Neurosurgical instruments.
- Cadaver dissection table.
- Simulator for practicing interventions on the spine.
- Mobile autopsy table for small animals.
- Sample of the skull for trepanation.
- BJ1104 Cranial drill (System 1000).
Results of work in the simulation center:
The emergence of opportunities for simulation education of students in the direction of neurosurgery is a new, promising and necessary direction.
The use of simulators of a new indicator in neurosurgery will allow students not only to observe, but also to practice all practical skills on their own and solve various situations during craniocerebral and spinal cord injuries, as well as in emergency cases in patients with volumetric lesions of the central nervous system.
The existence of a simulation room on the subject of neurosurgery will help to form professional skills and help develop students' readiness to work with patients.
- Students will learn the technique of craniotomy using an electric trephine and will be able to perform it on their own.
- With the help of virtual reality glasses, any procedure that can be performed on a patient can be performed as if it were in real life.
- With the help of VR glasses, you can study the anatomy of the brain and spinal cord, as well as other organs, as if you were seeing it in real life.
- Students learn to determine the consistency and type of tumors based on materials from brain tumors.
- Students will be able to perform dissection of brain tumors using materials.
- Reproduce on the model the correct technique for the primary surgical treatment of wounds of the soft integument in the head;
- Perform first medical and medical care on the model for injuries of the cervical spine and spinal cord.
- They will tell and show the bones, muscles of the skull and the innervation of the mimic muscles of the face.
- They will tell about the operation on the skull, demonstrating the tools for the operation.
- Learn the types of neurosurgical instruments and how to use them.
- Methods of fixing the head with the help of a neurosurgical head fixator and methods of determining the position of the head during surgery in a patient are studied.
- Performing practice with the help of a training microscope, students will acquire the skills of microneurosurgical operations.
- With the help of a non-gothoscope, students learn to interpret grams in MRI, MSCT and other neuroradiological research methods.
1. Oculus Quest 2 Virtual Reality Glasses 128GB VR Headset
2. Simulator skull fixator for neurosurgery
3. Educational microscope Tomlov 7 LSD
5. Neurosurgical Instruments
6. Cadaver dissection table.
8. Simulator for practicing interventions on the spine.
9. Mobile autopsy table for small animals
10. Образец10. Sample skull for trepanation
11. BJ1104 Cranial drill (System 1000)