Simulation Center for Obstetrics and Gynecology - this is a new model of education that implements innovative forms of education in medical education and the target setting for developing practical skills and abilities through the functioning of simulation chambers, gyms using phantoms, dummies, VI-generation virtual robotic dummies.
The emergence of opportunities for simulation education of students in the field of obstetrics and gynecology is a new, promising and necessary direction.
The use of stimulants of a new indicator in obstetrics will allow students not only to observe, but also to carry out all practical skills on their own and solve various situations that have arisen during childbirth.
The goals of the simulation center:
Realization of professional skills of students in the subject of obstetrics and gynecology
The tasks of the simulation center:
- Formation of professional skills and increasing the psychological readiness of students to work with patients who have applied to obstetrician-gynecologists;
- Evaluation of the ratio of theoretical and practical knowledge of students in the subject of obstetrics and gynecology;
- Evaluation of the tactics used by the student in unforeseen situations in obstetric complications;
- Formation of skills to work in a team of obstetrician-gynecologists.
The simulation class consists of 4 zones:
- Sanitation and preparation area
- obstetric zone
- Zone of primary treatment and resuscitation of newborns
- Gynecological area
These are modern principles of pregnancy management, methods for assessing the condition of the fetus, the basic protocol for managing childbirth and the normal biomechanism of childbirth. It includes:
Obstetrical benefits and operations that the student will be able to demonstrate:
- external and internal obstetric studies (measuring the size of the large and small pelvis);
- normal and pathological biomechanism of childbirth;
- allowance for Tsovyanov with breech presentation 1 and 2;
- assessment of the shape, size of the fontanelles, the location of the sutures on the fetal head;
- normal,incorrect presentation and position of the fetus;
- extraction of the fetus using obstetric forceps and a vacuum extractor;
- manual separation and allocation of the placenta;
- manual control of the uterine cavity in case of placental defect and bleeding.
- episiotomy and episiorrhaphy;
- operation caesarean section demonstration of tools for the operation.
Emergency conditions in obstetrics-
- shoulder dystocia;
- preterm birth (principles of management);
- severe preeclampsia;
- obstetric bleeding;
Zone of primary treatment and resuscitation of newborns
This is the primary treatment area for newborns. If it is necessary to provide primary resuscitation care, the principles of respiratory support, infusion therapy in newborns, teamwork, the provision of medical care to newborns with malformations in the delivery room.
These are the modern principles of managing gynecological patients. It includes:
- gynecological research methods.
- taking a smear for laboratory testing.
- abrasio cavi uteri demonstrating the tools.
- IUD insertion and removal technique.
When conducting a practical lesson in a simulation room, the teacher will be able to assess the ratio of theoretical and practical knowledge of students in the subject.