Leisure time of students is spent in cultural and mass work. One of the main activities of the department is the formation of high moral values among students, fostering interest in professional activity, the need for a healthy lifestyle, attracting students to cultural events of the Institute.
To implement these tasks, the department has a curatorial council, whose activities are carried out according to the approved plan. Each group of the department has a curator assigned to it, who is appointed from among experienced teachers.
Under the guidance of curators, students of the department actively participate in public events, organize cultural leisure, visit historical monuments and attractions of Samarkand, theaters and museums.
All curators of the department have a work plan for curatorial groups and minutes of meetings. Every Thursday, under the guidance of the responsible assistant of the department, A.A. Kuliev, and with the participation of staff and students of the department, on the basis of the rules of spirituality, spiritual and educational work is continuously carried out, which are included in the protocol. All group leaders hold regular meetings with the students attached to them.
Professors and teachers work among the students of the department:
- they acquaint with the works and speeches of President Sh.M. Mirziyoyev, decrees and resolutions of the Supreme Court and the Cabinet of Ministers, and also carry out spiritual and educational work to educate the perfect generation, improve the virtues of the universal, national and spiritual world of youth;
- successful implementation and development of creative reforms in the republic. Explanatory work is also carried out on the formation of the philosophy of a healthy lifestyle among students. Explanatory work is regularly carried out with students about the negative impact of tobacco and drugs on the human body and sexually transmitted diseases;
- improving the political and legal culture among students timely informing students about social, political and artistic events taking place in the world and in the country;
- organization of students' free time in accordance with the direction and specialization of the educational institution, organization of various circles;
- students who come to the department are explained and strictly required a culture of order, discipline, clothing and behavior;
- 2 students are attached to each assistant on the principle of "mentor-student" with groups assigned to the department every year;
- in order to get acquainted with the attached students, assistants go to their home, where they currently live, get acquainted with their lifestyle, are regularly interested in the learning process, if necessary, provide the necessary assistance.