Top.Mail.Ru
×
Menu
  • The State flag of the Republic of Uzbekistan
  • The State Emblem of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Close Menu

History of the department

  The Department of traumatology and orthopedics of the Samarkand medical Institute was established in 1964 on the basis of the city United hospital No. 2, and since then the hospital has been transformed into a trauma hospital. In 1964, the head of the Department was appointed the organizer of the Department, doctor of medical Sciences, Professor P. N. Korolenko.

  From 1965 to 1973, the Department was headed by doctor of medical Sciences, Professor P. Z. Zavesa. Pavel Zinovievich graduated from the Rostov medical Institute in 1941. Participant of the great Patriotic war. In 1969, he defended his doctoral dissertation on "Deformed arthrosis of the knee joint". He and his students (Ph. D. S. sh. Abdushukurov, Ph. D. G. L. Shlensky, Ph. D. D. G. Ilyasov, Ph. D. S. Yu. Ibragimov) devoted their scientific work to degenerative and dystrophic diseases of the joints, biochemical changes in injuries, and the use of medical oxygen. Prepared 4 candidates of medical Sciences. Author of more than 60 scientific papers and one monograph.

  In those years, the Department was headed by associate Professor Yu. ya. shvabe, assistant Ph. D. S. sh. Abdushukurov, assistant Ph. D. Ilyasov D. G., assistant Karimova Kh. R., post-graduate student Ibragimov S. Yu., clinical resident Urinboev P. S.



  Professor P. Z. Zavesa, years of the head of the Department (1965-1973) with staff. 1 - row, to the left 4th - Professor P. Z. Zavesa.