Educational and methodological work at the department is organized in accordance with the educational regulatory documents of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
1. Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Education (August 29, 1997).
2. National personnel training program (August 29, 1997).
3. Approved by Republic of Uzbekistan H and MSSE on 9.01.2003. "Regulation on Higher Education"
4. State education standard for all areas of study at the department.
5. Curricula for all educational areas approved by the Ministry.
6. Standard and work programs for science.
7. "The rating system of monitoring and evaluating students' knowledge" approved by order No. 204 of 2009 of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan and amended by order No. 333 of 2010 Regulation on".
8. Order No. 43 of the rector of SamSMU dated September 12, 2013 "On the organization of the educational process in the institute according to the modular education system".
In the department, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th year students of the faculty of folk medicine of the university and 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th year students of the university are given lessons on pharmacognosy, pharmaceutical botany, pharmaceutical technology, instrumental analysis methods of drugs, biopharmacy, pharmaceutical biotechnology. The department has 2 educational laboratories and 1 classroom equipped with adapted technical equipment, 7 classrooms and 1 lecture hall.
The following educational and methodological manuals were published by the staff of the department:
Instructional manual for students of the 3rd year of the Faculty of Pharmacy –
1. Educational and methodological guide for conducting practical training in "Pharmaceutical technologies" - "General and private preparation technology of soft drugs"
2. Educational and methodological guide for conducting practical training in "Pharmacognosy"-"Medicinal plants containing coumarin, flavoring agent and flavonoids"
3. "Pharmacognosy-test assignments and situational issues" instructional manual for practical training, intermediate and final examinations in the subject "Pharmacognosy"
4. Educational and methodological guide for the direction of folk medicine "Nutritious cultivated plants used for the purpose of treatment"
5. Textbook on "Pharmacognosy" "Fundamentals of pharmacognosy"
6. Methodological guide for conducting practical classes for medical universities - "Antiprotozoal and anthelmintic drugs"
7. Textbook in the direction of traditional medicine - "Properties of medicinal plants".