Biomeditsina va amaliyot jurnali, 2022 №1

Maqola mavzusi



AKSHEY Khera YANGIEVA Nodira Rakhimovna


Tashkent State Dental Institute


The aim of the study was to study the etiological and morphological features of large macular ruptures. The present study included 200 eyes (188 patients) who were diagnosed with a large macular rupture at initial examination. 96 eyes (48%) were diagnosed with stage 3, the remaining 104 eyes (52%) were diagnosed with stage 4 macular rupture. Large macular tears in 55.5% of cases are due to vitreomacular traction syndrome, in 24.5% of cases - myopia and in 20% of cases - eye trauma. Macular tears of various etiologies do not differ in visual acuity, intraocular pressure, diameter and stage of the rupture, duration of the disease. Macular rupture is associated with cataract in 51.5% of cases.

Kalit so'zlar

large macula tear, vitreomacular traction, optical coherence tomography, traumatic rupture of the macula, myopic macula rupture.


1. Gass J. D. Idiopathic senile macular hole. Its early stages and pathogenesis. Archives of Ophthalmology. 1988;106 (5): 629–639. 2. Knapp H. About isolated ruptures of the choroid as a result of trauma to the eyeball. Archiv fuer Augenheilkunde. 1869; 1:6–29. 3. Ogilvie F. M. On one of the results of concussion injuries of the eye (“holes” at the macula) Archive of Transactions of the American Ophthalmological Society. 1900;20: 202–229 4. Liu W., Grzybowski A. Current management of traumatic macular holes. Journal of Ophthalmology. 2017; 2017:8. 5. Morescalchi F., Costagliola C., Gambicorti E., Duse S., Romano M. R., Semeraro F. Controversies over the role of internal limiting membrane peeling during vitrectomy in macular hole surgery. Survey of Ophthalmology. 2017; 62(1):58–69. 6. Ikuno Y. Overview of the complications of high myopia. Retina. 2017;37(12): 2347–2351. 7. Ezra E. Idiopathic full thickness macular hole: natural history and pathogenesis. British Journal of Ophthalmology. 2001;85(1):102–109. 8. Madi H. A., Masri I., Steel D. H. Optimal management of idiopathic macular holes. Clinical Ophthalmology. 2016;10: 97–116. 9. Duker J. S., Kaiser P. K., Binder S., et al. The international vitreomacular traction study group classification of vitreomacular adhesion, traction, and macular hole. Ophthalmology. 2013;120(12): 2611–2619. 10. Soon W. C., Patton N., Ahmed M., et al. The manchester large macular hole study: is it time to reclassify large macular holes? American Journal of Ophthalmology. 2018; 195:36–42. 11. Dua H. S., Gomes J. A. P., King A. J., Maharajan V. S. The amniotic membrane in ophthalmology. Survey of Ophthalmology. 2004;49(1):51–77. 12. Rahman I., Said D. G., Maharajan V. S., Dua H. S. Amniotic membrane in ophthalmology: indications and limitations. Eye. 2009;23(10):1954–1961.